President Bush: Don't Let the Door Hit You In the Ass

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Rumsfeld; Get Your Story Straight on Terrorist Ties

U.S. Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld on Monday conceded that U.S. intelligence was wrong in its conclusions that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction.

"Why the intelligence proved wrong (on WMDs), I'm not in a position to say," Rumsfeld said in remarks to the Council on Foreign Relations in New York. "I simply don't know." When asked about any connection between Saddam Hussein and al Qaeda, Rumsfeld said, "To my knowledge, I have not seen any strong, hard evidence that links the two."

But a short time later, Rumsfeld released a statement: "A question I answered today at an appearance before the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) regarding ties between Al Qaeda and Iraq regrettably was misunderstood. [????]

"I have acknowledged since September 2002 that there were ties between Al Qaeda and Iraq."

More Kool-Aid for Rumsfeld and hurry.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

George Bush: Don't Let The Door Hit You In The Ass